J Photography Reviews & Ratings | Wedding Photography | Michigan - Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, and surrounding areas

Friday, October 10, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane....

That's right. In about 12 hours I will be boarding Continental and heading to Houston where I will re-board another jet to Oaxaca, Mexico. Now, before you sign in longing and jealousy, realize that I am venturing with seven individuals from my church to share a message of love and to bring encouragement and basic necessities to some hurting people. When we arrive in Oaxaca, we will be traveling up into the mountains (jungle, rocky, cold, hot, RAIN) to visit a few villages and the Mixe (mee-hay) people. We will be distributing school supplies, hygiene items, and the Treasure (a audio recording of the New Testament in the Mixe dialect). We will worship with the people, visit and learn about their culture and how we can serve them.

This is my FIRST mission trip. My FIRST time out of the United States. Only my third time on an airplane. There will be lots of rain, sleeping on the ground, bugs, variable temperatures, lots of walking, weird food and bugs. Yeah, they eat grasshoppers. Don't worry, I'll be sure to set them straight! :)

Here's a map of where I will be. If you think of it, please pray for our team, for safety, for growth, and for our families at home. I promise to post pictures when I get back!!

1 comment:

TAK Photography said...

I hear grasshoppers are yummy...But I will still pray for you :)

Have fun!

© Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP