J Photography Reviews & Ratings | Wedding Photography | Michigan - Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, and surrounding areas

Monday, September 8, 2008

The Pottery Barn Look

When I started getting serious about photography, I found one photographer whom I am simply in awe of. Audrey Woulard is a Chicago based children's portrait photographer. She uses natural light, which is so beautiful and flattering -- after all, why shouldn't the light from God trump something you plug in? Anyway, Audrey also has some commercial accounts, one being Pottery Barn Kids. Those adorable little people that grace the pages of the catalog -- yep, Audrey shot them!

So when a client told me she wanted the "Pottery Barn" look for portraits of her children, I immediately knew what she meant. I also know that I've a ways to go before arriving at Audrey's level of portraiture! So, here's my attempt:


No comments:

© Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP