J Photography Reviews & Ratings | Wedding Photography | Michigan - Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, and surrounding areas

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!!!

So my solo adventure to Las Vegas hasn't been quite what I was expecting. In fact, I'm not even there yet! I'm sitting in a hotel room in Houston.

When I boarded my flight to Cleveland in Grand Rapids, I was supposed to board a connecting flight to Vegas. But, as I sat waiting, they announced that they were overbooked and looking for volunteers to bump to another flight. It was worth $300 in flight money & a free dinner! So why not? Thus, the trouble began.

I was rushed to the other flight to Houston for which they were holding the plane for me. Feeling pretty proud of my navigation abilities thus far, I managed to board and enjoyed a three hour flight. Once I arrived, I used my food voucher for a nice dinner (my third for the day). I quickly made my way to the gate...........only it was completely void of life! Panicking, I made my way to customer service and was informed that the gate had been changed and was at the other end of the airport! There was no way to make it there in time. I jumped on a transport cart with some others that were in the same situation, and after several detours, arrived at the gate only to be turned away. I dragged myself to yet another customer service rep and pleaded my case. She sympathetically explained that I would have to wait until morning for the next flight....

So, here I sit, in a hotel room, graciously paid for by the airline, with another meal voucher. It really does pay to use manners. I can't say that the people behind me, whom the customer service rep threatened to call security on for their use of foul language, were as lucky! I have no luggage or clothes, but God provided everything I need, including a place to sleep, basic toiletries and even the good sense to pack some contact lens rewetting drops which I used to soak my lenses inside of the caps to my pill bottles!

My next post will feature some exciting shoots I'm doing in Vegas. For now, I leave you with a gorgeous sunset from the plane on the way to Houston this evening.....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Jodi! I would be crying by now...LOL
Best of luck to you! Be careful!

Janet's page said...

Hope the rest of the trip is filled with pleasant events:)

© Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP